Wednesday, June 2, 2010

MY VIEWS ON HANGING

I have always had a strong dislike for this method of execution. I first heard about this method through the horrible stories from my grandfather and how he grew up in South Carolina. The reason I dislike this method of execution the most is because I am of African American descent, and during the slave era most of the African American people that were executed were hung by white slave owners or members of the infamous KKK. I also feel that strangulation is a horrible way to die. Most theories of hanging prove this wrong, it is said that the rope is measured for the victim’s height and weight so that he or she does not choke rather the rope break their necks. I feel that this method of execution affected many of my ancestor’s lives as well as the lives of others who followed.

No comments:

Post a Comment